Print this Page

About Us

Varina Elementary School, located in the Varina District, opened in February 1909, consolidating the four one-room schools of Osborne, Fort Harrison, Laurel Hill, and Town Hall. A new building, the Varina Agricultural High School Building, was constructed to accommodate the growth of the Varina community. A shop building for industrial arts classes was added in 1934. In 1939, the original high school building was replaced and the home economics cottage was constructed. An addition to the high school in 1953 provided a new cafeteria, principal’s office, and seven classrooms. With the completion of the current Varina High School in 1962, the present structure again became Varina Elementary School. A renovation of the school was completed in 1988.

Permanent link to this article: https://varinaes.henricoschools.us/about-us/